Luxury Vinyl Flooring Tile: Features, Benefits & FAQ When To Buy!
By angelesflooring, January 9, 2022
The only time homeowners tend to think about flooring options is when they plan their home renovations. There are many options available like marble, vitrified tile, granite, bamboo, concrete, vinyl, wood, laminate, and other natural stones. It is not easy to pick once since there is some way to pick one.
There are many ways you can filter out and reduce the number of options. Consider your budget, the room where you plan to install them, and how you plan to use them. Some of the other factors to consider are pets and children. Luxury Vinyl flooring is highly durable and versatile making it ideal for various applications. This article provides more information on the use of luxury vinyl tile flooring.
What is Luxury Vinyl Flooring?
Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) flooring is one of the most versatile flooring products and is everything that you can expect. It is elegant, durable, strong, and long-lasting. This type of tile can be used for various applications, besides which it is aesthetic and also affordable. Natural stone tiles are very appealing however, they tend to cost more and are not suitable to install in all places. This is not the case with luxury vinyl flooring.
Special Features of Vinyl Tiles
- It consists of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) which is a very tough synthetic material.
- It is soft to walk on and absorbs most of the sound.
- It has a feel of real wood and tile without the negative effects of wooden tiles which tend to have a moisture problem.
- This is the more affordable option that is also easy to clean. it does not require help from professionals or any special products or equipment for this purpose.
- This type of flooring is long-lasting which you can expect to last for at least 20 years if not more.
- It is easy to maintain and can be installed anywhere including the bathroom and kitchen since it is not affected by water or moisture.
Interesting Facts & Statistics
- The Global Luxury Vinyl Tiles flooring market is projected to grow from USD 18 Billion in 2019 to 31.4 Billion USD by 2024 at a CAGR of 11.7%.
- Ceramic tile sales in the USA in 2020 was 3194 Million square feet while that in 2018 was 3373 Million Sq. Ft.
How Does LVT Handle Foot Traffic?
There is minimal wear and tear on this type of tile however, it will show on prolonged use. This is of high quality hence the design will also not fade away with time.
Is it similar to Laminate?
This is not like Laminate since it has a different construction process and is made from different materials. Unlike Laminate, it is not affected by moisture and is also more durable.
How is LVT Flooring made?
This is made from multiple layers of PVC vinyl and various compounds to ensure it is hard and durable. They are compressed by a rolling process and suspended in a liquid. It is tried with a special process to produce touch vinyl sheets. They are later embossed and given finishing touches to give them the look and feel that is visible to all.
Why is it thin?
This type of flooring is 2mm to 8mm thick which is comparatively thinner. The reason being they are dense and strong.
What can it be used for?
It is useful for installation in almost any place like bathroom, kitchen, living room since it is not affected by water.
How much does it cost to install LVT flooring?
LVT costs approximately $2.50 – $5.0 per sq. ft. However, the price is affected by several factors like the type you select, quality, thickness, and several other factors. It is also important to consider the labor cost to install them which can be up to 20 to 50% of the cost of the LVT flooring. Additionally, you might need to pay more if it is not new flooring and you are upgrading your existing floor since there is likely to be an additional labor charge to remove it.
Benefits of Opting for Luxury Vinyl Flooring
- This is a waterproof flooring option that is also not affected by moisture.
- It is highly durable and long-lasting hence is beneficial in the long run.
- Those who are looking for a warm option; are better off with LVT since it is comparatively warmer than the alternatives.
- These are soft times that are available in a wide range of colors.
- It has various applications such as for many residential purposes as well as commercial.
Where to Buy Good Quality Flooring?
There are many options to shop for good quality flooring both over the Internet as well as locally in shops. Angeles Flooring is one such place where you can find the best flooring options. You can choose from a wide range of tiles at their showroom by visiting it between Monday to Saturday. The added benefit being they can also help with luxury vinyl flooring installation in Los Angeles.